Saturday 2 May 2009


My first time tonight for roast asparagus. Very simple and utterly delicious, the tips of the spears just crisp. 6 spears for me and 7 spears for G as a starter. Then simply cooked roast shoulder of pork with crisp crackling, roast potatoes and a simple coleslaw. The coleslaw was a good fresh tasting contrast to the fatty pork and potatoes.

Roast asparagus

Trim off the toughest end of the spears.Put in one layer in a roasting pan. Roll spears in olive oil. Cook at 180C 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. I only wish I'd cooked more so I could have some to eat cold.

Coleslaw

Finely sliced spring cabbage mixed with half a sliced apple. Mix in cider vinegar, lesser amount of olive oil and a little sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive