Thursday 13 August 2009


Shepherds Pie

This was really nice. I had some leftover mashed potatoes, cooked broccoli, a small bowl of cooked courgettes with coriander and tomato, and another small bowl of tomato sauce with olives and anchovies. I browned a mixture of lamb and beef mince and drained off the fat. Meanwhile I softened chopped onion, garlic and carrots. I reheated the meat, adding a tablespoon of curry powder. Then I tipped in the two tomato sauces and the onions and carrots, added some water, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Then spread the meat in an ovenproof dish. In a separate bowl mix the mashed potato, chopped broccoli, and a good handful of grated cheddar. Spread on top of the meat mixture. Put into a hot 180C oven and cook for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive