Wednesday 11 March 2009



Braised fennel with taleggio and salami, rice with sundried tomato

I bought some taleggio cheese the other day, having seen in a newspaper a recipe using it. It was said to be a good melting cheese. For the meal tonight I quartered two small bulbs of fennel. I cooked them in a little butter and water for about 15 minutes in a covered pan. Meanwhile I cooked some basmati rice. In a separate pan I softened a chopped onion, adding strips of sundried tomato (from a bottle of sundried tomatoes in oil). I added the cooked rice to the onion and tomatoes and mixed in ground pepper and lemon juice. The cooked fennel was placed in a small dish, scattered with chopped salami, and slices of taleggio put on top. The dish was put under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes.
I've only eaten taleggio once before. It tasted rather like camembert and rather overpowered the taste of the fennel. The rice was nice though, especially with the lemon flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive